Monday, February 1, 2010

Dad in the Path of a Hurricane

Nike's favorite uncle died yesterday so she has to fly to Kalibo with a grand-aunt and a cousin this afternoon.

It's just going to be me and the tyke again til Thursday -- this week of all weeks! How will I survive without Nike and a yaya but with 3 meetings on Monday, 4 client meetings on Tuesday, DFA passport errands on Wednesday and another 2 meetings on Thursday?

I've got a schedule worked out: bring the boy to his grandmother after school, go to work and then pick him up late at night. Last time we were on our own, he waited to take his energy out on me. "Daddy, I can't sleep, I still have soooooooooo much energy!" And I must remember to check his homework. God forbid the teachers ask him to bring vegetables or plants this week for his assignments.

Bracing for the week ahead is like bracing for a hurricane. Hurricane Noah. This is the mess I woke up to this morning:





Toys on the living room floor, books on the living room table, DVDs on the game room floor, toys out in the patio!


Are you trying to tell me something, son? Like, "be afraid, dad. Be very afraid!" It's going to get crazy, but we'll make it fun. Hopefully, the house will still be standing when mommy gets back.

3 comments:

  1. If only we writers could babysit. Heheh, would love to hoard his books, esp if there are a lot of Dr. Seuss ones. >:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hypermom, thankfully, the meetings yesterday were whittled down to just two. Surviving with the help of mom-in-law.

    Quel, careful what you wish for..! Found that Dr. Seuss book at Bangkal! His other Seuss books he got from Ninong Dennis.

    ReplyDelete